Who can enter?
Applications can be received from registered medical, educational or patient organisations; however we are unable to accept applications from individuals. If you, or someone you know, have a great idea to put forward but are not currently associated with an eligible organisation, you can connect with teams looking for partners on the 'Find a Team' portal. Alternatively, contact the NeuroAction Awards team and we will try to match you with an organisation to work with so your applications can be considered.
What categories are available?
For ease of assessing, ideas should fall into one of the following categories:
1. Control - ideas that improve the management of disease progression
2. Support - ideas that improve access to support and medication for people living with multiple sclerosis
3. Life-hacks - ideas that make everyday life easier for people living with multiple sclerosis
What is the prize for winning ideas?
A grant of up to €45,000 will be provided to bring to life ideas that have a significantly positive impact on the lives of those living with multiple sclerosis. To be eligible, applications must:
· [information required from grant application form]
How do I enter?
Click 'Apply' (on the right-hand side of the page) to enter the NeuroAction Awards. This will take you through the online process which includes:
- An online application form to complete – a pdf of all the information needed is available to download here so you can prepare your answers in advance.
- Video upload – upload a short supporting video (no more than 2 minutes, filmed in English on a smartphone or other filming device) that details your idea and how you will make it happen, and provides a summary of you, your team and your organisation for the judges. The judges are not assessing applications on the quality of the video, but on the quality of the idea. Format can be mp4 or mov, or embedded from youtube or Vimeo.
- Press “Submit” and wait for the NeuroAction Awards team to confirm next steps.
We have created a video on how to apply & how to upload these attachments to your application.
Please note: The application form and the supporting video must be completed in English.
Who will judge the applications?
All applications will be judged by a panel of external experts. Further details on the judging panel are available on the Judges page.
How will applications be assessed?
Ideas will be judged on the following criteria:
· What is the unmet need your idea fulfils?
· What value will your idea bring to people living with multiple sclerosis?
· How will you put your idea into practice?
· How much will it cost?
· How long will it take?
· How practical/viable is your idea?
· How many people will your idea help?
· Is there an option to expand your idea to help more people living with multiple sclerosis?
What is the entry deadline?
The deadline for applications is xxx xxx 2017
Novartis provides healthcare solutions that improve and extend people’s lives. We use science-based innovation to address some of society’s most challenging healthcare issues. We discover and develop breakthrough treatments and find new ways to deliver them to as many people as possible. Our company is focused on industry-leading divisions with innovation power and global scale: pharmaceutic...